Animal Health Internship
The Animal Health department is responsible for the care and management of all new animals coming into the Zoo. As an intern you may be working with mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates on any given day.
Summer and winter internships:
Start and end dates are flexible. Work hours are 40 hours per week. College credit is required.
Duties to include:
- Clean animal enclosures
- Prepare and feed animal diets
- Assist in daily husbandry and management of the collection
- Provide daily enrichment for the animals
- Assist the hospital keepers in the daily care of the quarantine animals
- Special projects as needed
- Daily record keeping
For more information, please contact:
Internship Coordinator, Human Resources
13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN 55124