The Minnesota Zoo’s creative, diverse and fast-paced marketing department is responsible for working with all areas of the Zoo and the community to increase engagement and generate excitement for the Minnesota Zoo and its many programs. Internships in this department will work in one of three different areas of the marketing team (marketing and promotions, public relations or sales) on keeping a positive Zoo vibe on-site and in the community that reflects the Zoo’s overall mission and vision. Although interns will need to designate a specific area to work, there will be regular cross-training opportunities during the internship.
Year-Round Internship Opportunities:
Approximately 10 -14 weeks; minimum of 20 hours per week; weekdays with some evening and weekend work required.
Interns in this area will work on the following:
- Assisting with social and corporate events – pre-planning logistics, participate in on-site event coordination, interact with clients, work with event planning software and coordinate with catering staff
- Updating databases, including adding groups, researching and entering new prospects
- Birthday party coordination – help with pre-planning logistics and interact with clients and participate in on-site event coordination
- Assisting with on and off-site marketing jobs/events, including trade shows, promotional and special events and street marketing as needed
- Assisting with market research and on-site guest surveys
- Update promotional materials
- Other duties as assigned
MUST have knowledge of Microsoft Office – which includes, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Xcel & Powerpoint.
You will also have the opportunity to cross-train with the marketing/promotions and public relations departments as well as perform additional general office duties.
To be considered for an interview, please include the following:
- Cover letter that answers the following questions:
- What are your career goals and how would this internship help achieve them?
- What do you hope to gain from this internship?
- What kind of coursework and/or experience do you have that would make you a valuable Zoo marketing/sales intern?
- Official Transcripts
- Letter of recommendation from an advisor or supervisor
For more information, please contact:
Internship Coordinator Jill Wallin, Human Resources
13000 Zoo Boulevard, Apple Valley, MN 55124
Toll-free: 800.366.7811 ext. 219